Tuesday, September 4, 2007

And it’s planned…

I’ve been looking for a place to spend Chris and my third anniversary for over a month. I’ve been watching airfare deals, hotel deals, rooms in exchange for services…

And the winner is:

Napa Valley!!



Why?

Southwest was offering a steal of a deal to Oakland.
Thrifty Rent-a-Car loves me.
The Beazley House B & B peeps are nice.

… and there’s a motel in the ghetto for um… I’m not even going to say how much we are paying a night. It’s just embarrassing. Let’s just say, Chris and I went out to dinner the other night… and it cost more than our hotel… and it was a cheap dinner.


The itinerary -

Day 1-2.5:
Driving through San Fran, Sausalito, and Marin. Hiking around the Russian River, biking through Sonoma, walking on the coastal trails, checking out the Armstrong Redwood and Petrified Forests. Avoiding our ghetto motel at all costs.

Day 2.5-5:
Wine tasting, checking out Downtown Napa, wine tasting, catching the Napa trolley around town, wine tasting, enjoying our awesome Bed & Breakfast, and wine tasting.


All this and it’s $468 less than a trip to Temecula for the same amount of time. Psh. Temecula. What a rip off.



9 weeks and 2 days to go.

That seems like forever.


I’ll update you later on our weekend. It was a full one.

4 comments:

Deborah Hays said...

Wine tasting, driving, wine tasting, driving, hmmmm
that's a scary thought.... I'm sure you'll have a nice time dear, but wine tasting, driving, has me worried.
What is it with my children and drinking??? I must talk to your father about his ummmm wine tasting.

How'd you like class last night? I'm scared. Maybe I'll do a little wine tasting myself.

Bekah said...

Wait a sec!! Did mom just offer to drink a glass of wine?!? Who are you and what have you done with my mother!!???!!!??!?!?!??!?!


I liked class last night. It's a little scary and certain members of our team need to drop out, but other than that, it's great!

Lizzie M. said...

Sounds super fun, I'm jealous!!!! (with the exception of the cheap motel)

TheFitnessFreak said...

You mean you're supposed to do something on your anniversary?