Monday, March 19, 2007

I’ve been biting my nails for 3 hours now…

This weekend we looked at houses again. Our first stop was a house at the end of a cul-de-sac. It’s on nearly a half an acre and the house itself is 1,400 sq. ft. The house is in desperate need of a tidy housekeeper. There was…fecal matter… in the toilet and food in the sink. The floors didn’t need cleaning as much as they needed replacement. The living and dining rooms are covered floor to ceiling in faux wood paneling. Don’t be jealous, it’s super hot. There was a pool… somewhere buried under the waist high weeds. The dark shadows at the bottom made me wonder if somehow, the previous owners dropped a body (or two) in there. The house comes with a duck. He was swimming happily in the swamp – I mean – pool. The exterior was recently re-stuccoed… by a fifth grader… and not one of the smart ones from the TV show. We’d probably have to have it re-done.

The only thing younger than 10 years old at this house is a bent up Wal-Mart gazebo in the backyard – and it probably doesn’t come with the house.

I’m not going to lie…

It wasn’t my first choice for the home I’ll live in for at least the next 10 years -

But Chris practically screamed with excitement at the thought of a ‘fixer upper’.

There was another couple looking at the home with us. As we left, the gentleman said, ‘That house was great! Nothing a nuclear disaster couldn’t fix!’

Why didn’t I marry that guy?

We looked at 7 houses but you can still probably guess which one we put an offer on.

I guess I should buy some duck food.

Any name suggestions?

'Ducky'?





If we get the house…

No one is allowed to come over until the inside is painted and cleaned. Oh and the pool can no longer look like a vat of leprechaun puke.

No comments: