Thursday, March 8, 2007

And they countered…

We received a counter offer from the homeowner and the bank that happens to have control of their home. Let me preface the following with this statement:

We offered the homeowners (and the bank) what they were asking. We didn’t ask for a deal. We didn’t make them ‘bend over’. We just said, ‘Hey, that number sounds kinda fair, we’ll go for it.’

Sounds reasonable right?!?!

Their counter offer? WAS MORE THAN THE ASKING PRICE!

… and coincidentally 40 GRAND MORE than we offered.

Listen Mister Banker, if you want more for the house… ASK MORE FOR THE HOUSE. Don’t waste my time!!!

And worse, the house has been sitting vacant for 3 months and we were the FIRST offer! You’d think they’d be excited at the interest but nooooo.

Frankly I’m not sure what kind of high potency ganja these dudes are smoking… but it must be the good stuff. Did they have too many ‘special’ brownies? Are they celebrating St. Patty’s Day early and took a double shot before replying?

Needless to say, we’re wiping our hands clean of their silliness. I have to admit, I’m more than a little bummed. So if I’m a little weepy today… just excuse me.

Back to square one folks.

No comments: