Monday, December 31, 2007

Year in review…

It’s time for my yearly wrap up – my ‘Best of 2007’ as it were.

We spent the first 5 months of 2007 looking for a house. Yup. 5 months. Some people like to say I’m indecisive. I’m still on the fence about that.

In May, we finally met little miss Keira and closed on our house the same day. Thank you Keira for making that day beyond memorable. Despite what your daddy says, you were a really cute baby… your crooked nose simply added ‘character’ to your face.

In June we took a ‘if I have to sign ONE more mortgage paper I’ll kill you’ break and went to Palm Springs with our church. It was a great time to strengthen our marriage while getting a tan at the same time. Oh. Wait. I don’t tan.

In July, John-E graduated paramedic school. Paramedic school and a new baby in the same semester. Dude, you amaze me.

October was a crazy month! I went to Mexico (wow. Me. Mexico. Who’d a thought?!?) AND, stood by John-E and Lindsey’s side as they got married. I looked hot in my bridesmaids dress. Lindsey looked alright I guess. ; ) OK fine. She looked absolutely gorgeous!

Then, to top things off, Lizard shared the news that baby 4 was on the way! Come on fatty 122. Put on some weight please! You, Colegate, Stef, and Lindsey are all good moms have fantastic kids. You’re making the world a better place.

In November, Chris and I went to Napa, San Fran, and the Coast. I absolutely love spending time with him – even though I have to occasionally close my eyes when he parks the car.

In December, as always, I ran around like crazy searching for the ‘perfect gifts’, often misfiring and getting something totally ridiculous. Unfortunately, the best day of the year, December 24th, passed all too quickly.


I’ve learned a few things this year:

1. Buying a house will ensure at least 5 more years of marriage. Divorce would equal buying or selling a house and the experience is so awful, no new homeowner would want to go through it again.

2. There’s a saying, ‘Things you buy yourself, you take better care of.’ Those people have obviously never seen our yard.

3. If John can have kids and survive, maybe I can too.

4. Never book a hotel online.
… wait. I take that back. That was kinda fun.

5. I won't buy candy directly related to holidays. In October, it's embarassing to give your nephews green St. Patty's day candy. I'd rather they NOT know how old it is.

6. I’ve had more than my fair share of laughter and joy – most from my family who loves me. Regardless of the numbers on my bank statement or drama of life, my family stays the same and that is worth smiling about.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right, you have had a wonderful year, a great husband a great family and a good life. What more could anyone want!! Love you, Grams

Lizzie M. said...

Good times!

TheFitnessFreak said...

Ahhh, we like you too:) It's amazing how much was packed into one year!

Deborah Hays said...

I would say that I love the pictures but I don't want to know what you did on New Year's Eve. Go back to church camp, I think you missed something, and no it wasn't the tan. :-)

Love you, mom