Tuesday, December 11, 2007

So it’s a little cold. Get over it…

It’s really beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. I woke up yesterday morning to a ‘balmy’ 56 degrees. Can you get frostbite at 56 degrees? It sure feels like it.

Now before my lovely family in the Mid-West and North-East chew me out and start insulting Californians, let me clarify.

It was 56 degrees INSIDE MY HOUSE.

It would seem that during the ‘Great Wars’ - which occurred shortly before our house was built - they rationed food, rubber, metal, fabric, … and insulation for houses.

We have a brand new furnace but my husband married a miser so…

He freezes.

I just don’t see the point of paying to heat a house when we have free blankets.



But there are some good things…

I can guiltlessly skip going to the gym because I burn more calories at home… shivering.

If I take food out of the fridge and set it on the counter… it gets colder.

and

I scribbled the wine refrigerator off my Christmas list… and replaced it with a wine defroster.

3 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

We are wimps, aren't we? I just told Gary that Californians aren't built for this kind of weather:)

Lizzie M. said...

I really don't want to hear it, really.
My thermostat is set on 65 degrees (9 degrees warmer than you?) and I am forking out 200 smackers a month for that.

I do, however, like your way of thinking (free blankets!) and would be the same way if I lived there :-).

Anonymous said...

Send some cool weather to us Floridians!! We don't like being hot ALL year round. =)