Wednesday, April 11, 2007

When the goin’ gets tough… the tough get writing…

I’ve been quiet as of late thanks to the silly History course I’m taking. I have a paper due today so I figured I’d start reading for it… yesterday. At least I’m not starting on the day its due! Never mind the fact it was assigned two weeks ago.

I hate dedicating my lunch hours to education. I’d rather let my mind turn to soup as I play several hundred games of Solitaire.

Chris is working another 10 ½ hour strenuous day today. 4 weeks of this has made him a muddled stressed out mess. At night I make dinner (Microwave. High. 5 minutes), clean (fill the cups and bowls with water and set them the sink) and tell him how sorry I am that his days are rough. I tell him how much I want this to be over so he can stop stressing. Yet, secretly before falling asleep, I pray ‘Please, Please, Pleeeeeaaaase God can he stay out there longer!?!?!’

Prevailing wage has taken me to a new moral low.

Please don’t blame me. I want spending money for Kauai.

Speaking of that darling husband of mine, we were at church on Sunday and while we were looking through the bulletin we both stumbled across a pamphlet for a Married Couples Retreat. I read through the description of the seminars and thought it would be a great time to reflect on our marriage, find ways to make it better, and make Jesus a bigger part of our lives together. Chris leaned over and whispered, ‘Honey I really think we should go to this’. I was warmed by the thought that my husband wanted the same spiritual renewal from this retreat… until he continued, ‘Did you see the 60 foot pool slide? I wonder when the earliest tee time is? Could you call on that?’

He’s lucky we were in church.

I feel no guilt about my earlier prayers.

Congrats to Lindsey on a beautiful baby shower and a giant thanks to Jesus for giving his life for us.

2 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

Wow, way to get deep on us! Isn't stress great, it gives us a chance to really need God. Hey, I hope He's not doing this on purpose:) I'll have to talk to Him about that.

Lizzie M. said...

It's that love/hate relationship with your man working-I can relate!! I love having Randy home instead of working mass overtime, but know the paycheck will be that much smaller-it SUCKS!