Monday, October 1, 2007

Man, I be soo darn silly!

I made an awesome, amazing, ultimately fantastic, good dinner on Saturday (Sautéed onions over baked potatoes and carrots nestled in a mixture of seasoned beef and chicken broth served with chicken baked in olive oil with basil, oregano, thyme, garlic, and butter - in case you were curious). I know - I can be so humble.

Sunday afternoon we went to the driving range to kick back and relax a little. As I walked up, I noticed nearly every spot was taken by a 7 to 9 year old.

Apparently the kiddos had a tournament at the golf course and they were practicing before their tee times.

Excited, I thought I might finally not be the WORST person at the driving range. ‘Whew! I’ll show these kids what’s up! They’ll totally be impressed and admire me! I’ll be an example!’

I was an example…

An example on why taking up golf at 26 is a bad idea.

My golf balls flew in every direction… except straight in front of me.

I heard a parent behind me yell, ‘Oh COME ON! You can do better than that!’

Ready to throw down, I glared up… and realized he wasn’t talking to me – he was yelling at his kid, who had just hit a perfectly straight ball nearly 125 yards with a club shorter than my forearm.

Frankly, I couldn’t figure out the physics of how the kid got that ball so far much less the psychology of a parent who expected better.

I was temped to give the guy my club and say, ‘OK buddy, let’s do the equivalent. You take my club and hit the ball 400 yards. Oh, and your kid isn’t going to be the next Tiger Woods so lighten up OK?’

To make matters worse… I forgot sunblock.












And John and Lindsey's wedding is in two weeks...
And my dress has thin straps...
Oops!

3 comments:

Lisa Gunn Magnus said...

Ouch!! That's gonna look so pretty! You know you could come back to the Nike golf camp here to improve on your swing. :)

Lizzie M. said...

I hope you plan on having me over for one of these yummy meals!!!

TheFitnessFreak said...

All I have to say is SPRAY TAN! Sounds kind of like my cross country skiing adventure:)