Thursday, February 8, 2007

Why do I always have the urge to pee at the most inappropriate times?!?!

Long one. Ignore if you will.

Chris and I have been taking a History Class together and so far, it hasn’t been the most enjoyable experience. The teacher is interesting but the work load is a bit steep. Last night was the third week of class and we were already due to turn in our SECOND paper.

Of course, Chris did not start the above mentioned paper until 5 PM… our class is at 7 PM. I figured he was running late so the night before I wrote an outline for him to expedite the process. It’s not cheating right? All I wrote was the outline…the conclusion…the supporting evidence…and some of the body. That was totally it. Nothing else.

OK fine! I felt bad! The poor guy has been working unspeakable hours and has even been working weekends. Sunday was his only open day but it was SuperBowl Sunday and we stopped by church to see God. You can’t get mad at a guy for seeing God or appreciating the fine art of football!

While Chris was writing a sentence or two in his paper, I ran off to grab dinner to bring back. I went to McDonalds – it was the closest food place, give me a break! If it makes you feel better I’ll put a bumper sticker on the back of my car that reads ‘Future Fatty’. So anyway, I pulled in line… behind TWO suburbans! Nothing says, ‘Car full of kids with ever changing minds’ like Suburbans. And I was stuck behind TWO!! When I finally made it up to the menu I ordered slowly and clearly. I threw in a ‘thanks so much’ and a ‘perfect, exactly right’ because everyone knows you HAVE to be nice to fast food people, otherwise you get a side order of spit. No thanks.

They still got the order wrong but it seemed otherwise spit free.

We ran to class and surprisingly made it on time.

An hour and a half later, the teacher released us for a short break. Chris and I usually stand around and make fun of the other students. It’s community college, it’s full of ‘interesting’ people! 10 minutes after class resumed, I realized that perhaps I should have used the restroom during the break. That McDonald’s extra large coke wasn’t working out so well with my kid sized bladder. Unfortunately my husband likes to sit in the front row. Also unfortunate, the door is at the back of the class. Even more unfortunate, I picked yesterday to wear an extremely loud pair of heels.

Needless to say, that hour and a half nearly killed me.

Is it summer yet?

No comments: